Statement of responsibility: Stella Cottrell
ISBN: 1137610875, 9781137610874
vii, 432 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Macmillan study skills.
Education.; Study skills.
- A. Self-efficacy: Managing your success as a student
- Success as a student: Take charge of your success
- Gaining the most from your course: Engage.Enjoy.Excel.
- Employability and preparing for your future
- Successful study: Intelligence, strategy and personalised learning
- The C-R-E-A-M strategy for learning
- Time management as a student
- Managing stress and well-being
- B. Academic, people and task management skills
- Working with others: Collaborative study
- Developing cultural competence: Learning in diverse and international contexts
- Effective reading and note-making
- Researching and managing information for study
- Critical thinking
- Writing at university level
- Developing your academic writing
- Writing essays
- Managing assignments: Research projects, reports, case studies and dissertations
- Devising your revision and exam strategy
- Appendix: Further resources
- Answers to activities
- References and bibliography