Statement of responsibility: Ben Lambert
ISBN: 1473916364, 9781473916364
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
xx, 498 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Bayesian statistical decision theory.
- How best to use this book
- I: An introduction to Bayesian inference
- The subjective worlds of Frequentist and Bayesian statistics
- Probability - the nuts and bolts of Bayesian inference
- II: Understanding the Bayesian formula
- The devil is in the denominator
- The posterior - the goal of Bayesian inference
- III: Analytic Bayesian methods
- An introduction to distributions for the mathematically uninclined
- Conjugate priors
- Evaluation of model fit and hypothesis testing
- Making Bayesian analysis objective?
- IV: A practical guide to doing real-life Bayesian analysis: computational Bayes
- Leaving conjugates behind: Markov chain Monte Carolo
- Random walk metropolis
- Gibbs sampling
- Hamiltonian Monte Carlo
- V: Hierarchical models and regression
- Hierarchical models
- Linear regression models
- Generalised linear models and other animals.