Statement of responsibility: Dennis Howitt
ISBN: 1292187166, 9781292187167
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xxix, 686 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
Criminal psychology.; Forensic psychology.
- What is forensic and criminal psychology?
- The social context of crime
- Crime and the public
- Victims of crime
- Theories of crime
- Juvenile offenders and beyond
- Theft and other crimes against property
- Violent offenders
- Sexual offenders 1: rapists
- Sexual offenders 2: paedophiles and child molestation
- Police psychology
- Terrorism and hostage-taking incidents
- Eyewitness testimony
- Profile analysis 1: FBI-style offender profiling
- Profile analysis 2: investigative psychology, statistical and geographical profiling
- False allegation
- False and true confessions
- Lies, lie detecting and credibility 1: the psychology of deception
- Lies, lie detection and credibility 2: the polygraph test and statement validity analysis
- Children as witnesses
- Mental disorders and crime
- Mental, personality and intellectual problems in court
- Judges and lawyers
- Juries and decision making
- Effective prison
- Psychological treatment for prisoners and other offenders
- Assessment of risk, dangerousness and recidivism.